- STOP TTIP/CETA/TISA These charters for global corporations will, if passed, allow them to ride roughshod over the democratic decisions of sovereign nations and impose their own binding laws in new layers of legislation written mostly by and for themselves. These proposed treaties are the enablers for global corporations to gain even more control over public services and enrich themselves even further, increasing public indebtedness. See https://stop-ttip.org/
- WATER FOR PEOPLE, NOT FOR PROFIT Water is the most basic human need; its supply should not be privatised for profit. That’s what is planned, that’s what we resist.
- ACHIEVE DEBT JUSTICE Creditor losses and the private debts of the Irish banking system have been foisted upon the people of Ireland, to the tune of €69.7bn. Last year alone we paid €3bn interest on that debt. Just think what this money could be spent on!
- END AUSTERITY Irish and European people have been subjected to seven years of austerity, impoverishing millions in order to reassure markets and bankers, the very people who caused the economic collapse. This is obscene, unnecessary and destructive. Another world is possible.
- SHUT DOWN TAX HAVENS Trillions of euro of untaxed profits are held offshore, leading to increased taxation on labour, cuts in basic public services and extremes of wealth inequality. Demand tax justice now!
- FREE DEMOCRACY FROM FINANCE Our national and EU parliamentarians shiver in fear of financial markets and bondholders. Democracy is undermined, politics subsumed to finance.
Reclaim power for the people! Disarm the Markets!
Join us in Attac Ireland